Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ha! I Was Right!

I want to quote to you a small passage from the baby's journal that Jason wrote.

"4-7-05, Dear Baby. Looks like mommy beat me to it, but I am still going to write about feeling you kick in mommy's tummy last night. It was really exciting!! For a father, it is the closest way I can get to experience you before you are born. It sure was something. It makes me even more excited about becoming a father!"

Yep, the baby let daddy in on the fun. The kicks were so hard you could actually just sit back and watch my belly roll around. Jason said it looks like the scene in alien where the monster comes shooting out of the guys chest. Well gee, that is a pretty thought huh? Men. :)

The doctor ordered another sonogram on April 12th. The technician got me all situated on that wonderfully uncomfortable half table thing and proceeded to get to work. The first picture she got was a doozy. She pushed on the lower part of my belly and in retaliation the baby kicked my bladder! We actually have a still picture of the foot hitting my bladder!! I already emptied it, but I shot of the table and headed for the bathroom with my pants down around my hips and my shirt tucked into my bra to pee yet again. Ok, let's not do that anymore. She moved the wand up higher and pushed in trying to get a shot at the gender. The baby pushed back. OOh, a fiesty little critter. She made the baby so mad that it rolled over and we got the perfect shot of HIS little Christmas tree. A BOY. I knew it! I was right! A BOY!!! And OH BOY was he in a rather excited mood. I asked the tech why it looked so large. She said that it isn't uncommon for baby boys to have erections while in the womb. WHAT! He has an erection? No way. Oh my God, I gave my son an erection because I can't stop thinking about sex! This is so wrong! I am going to be an awful mother. They are going to take my baby away because I am a freak!! Why is it so big? It is bigger than his foot!!

After my husband and the technician got done laughing...they tried to calm me down and reassure me that this is really a normal thing. She moved the wand some more and our little boy looked right into the camera. We got to see that handsome face! Beautiful!

I took my picture printouts and added them to my collection. I showed anyone and everyone that he was a boy. I guess I got over the erection thing. Well, I guess that is a lie. While changing his diaper, if I find a "boiinngg" looking back at me, I move a little faster than usual. Now that we are potty training, he makes a tent and it still unnerves me a little, but I am getting better about it.

The first person I called was my best bud Carol. I know that I wouldn't have gotten this far with my sanity still kinda intact if it wasn't for her. My mom lived in Oregon, Jason's parents live in Alaska, so Carol took over the roll of taking care of me. Carol really kept me inline. She was so happy that we were having a boy. I was starting to believe that my first intuition was wrong since most everyone in my family always have a firstborn girl. But, HA I was right!

When I say Carol took care of me, I truly mean it. She is a busy woman with a pre-teen, a home business, two horses, a BLM adopted jackass who was still adolescent and fiesty, two dogs, rabbits, cats and oh yeah, John, her husband. Regardless, she always took my calls, came to visit and when I would visit her she always fed my potato need with fantastic, crispy tator tots. I can't believe that a bag of frozen spud chunks could taste so damn good! Carol lived across the street from me when we bought the house in May of 04 but moved to an adjacent valley in early Oct 04. We went from a simply stroll across the street to a 40 minute drive! Still, I believe that she was instrumental in helping me get pregnant. She told me to confront the docs, she told me to stop backing down to them, she was there with all the support I needed. Even with the distance she still felt like she was still across the street.

News about the BOY spread fast through the family and I was back in the limelight again. I had started to get a little lonely. I was in my seventh month and the attention I got at first had started to waver. Not that I expected to become the most important person on the planet just because I was pregnant. I must say though that I did feel pretty special since I was chosen to bring this soul into the world.

May 11th. I had the scare of my life! We were, yet again, laying around listening to the baby's heart beat when the beats got a little too fast. I took my blood pressure and it was 180/102!! Holy Crap! I called the OBGYN and he told me to come in right away. I freaked all the way to the doctor! I just knew that my body was finally going to get it's way and totally ruin my life for good.

The doc rushed me into a room, hooked me up to a monitor for the baby and I was told to lay there and let them take readings for the next hour. The baby wasn't moving. They brought me some sugary juice to see if we could entice the baby to move. No go. Finally, after about two hours he woke up and kicked the crap out of me. I think he was hungry. My pressure went down almost instantly and the doctor sent me to the sonogram room to see what we could see. The tech pushed in, the baby pushed back. Everything looked fine. We took the results ourselves back to the doctor. He asked me if I was eating. I said," like a horse." He was concerned because I lost another 8 lbs since my last appointment. We waited a few more tense minutes while he looked through the file. He couldn't figure out what had happened. He asked if I had been exercising, stressing, eating, jumping, thinking too hard...basically anything he could think of that would cause me or the baby stress. Nope. I was told to go home, rest, record my blood pressure reading every two hours for the next two days, record baby's movements and call him if anything seems a miss.

I did as asked. Nothing strange came up. My pressure was fine. The baby was fine. I brought him the results and he simply scratched his head and chalked it up to just one of those things. He still wanted me to monitor everything and call if there was any spike at all.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh....that is too funny...the day you went for your sonogram and the "christmas tree"!!
    you make me laugh(did you really run down the hall with your shirt and pants tucked and undone)....awesome descriptions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure did run down the hall with my belly hanging out. I almost lost my pants half way there! Never in my life did I ever have to pee that bad! It was like I haven't peed in three days even though I had to try to empty my bladder before the sonogram so they could get a clearer picture. From that point on, kicking my bladder seemed to be my sons favorite pass time. I am glad I made you laugh. Laughing is good for ya...I can laugh now, but I wasn't during my "jog" down the hall. :)

    ReplyDelete