Thursday, December 11, 2008

Taking a Christmas Break

I am so thankful to those of you who come here often to read our story. It warms my heart to read your comments and it always makes my husband laugh when he gets home from work and reads my latest "Therapy Session" (what he calls my posts).

I am sad to say that I must take a little holiday break. First, I don't feel like I can accurately remember the details of my feelings I love to revisit and write about. There is a ton of stuff going on this time of year for many of us. I know I am not alone. For some reason I really enjoy baking and this year I have added a lot of people to my list. As just a hint to my insanity I am starting out by making 12 loaves of banana nut and zucchini bread (ea) on Saturday. You don't want to know about the cookies and fudge. You would most likely have me committed! :) There are always projects for me....I do it to myself. Painting my Christmas Village, hand-making stockings, various craft ideas that pop in my head, making personalized gifts for my kids and so on. Yep, I am crazy and I love it.

So, I plan to get back on track soon. I may just get some time next week. We shall see. Please stay with me on the blog. I really do find comfort and sanity in writing it and in the knowledge that you enjoy our journey.

Thanks
Paula

2 comments:

  1. maybe i should leave my mailing address so that you can send some extra goodies my way!!!!haha!
    i love making all that stuff too...but i just looked at my calendar last nite and thought...holy crap i have one more full week!!
    i will not get everything done...oh well as long as i get to spend time with the family!!! anyway enjoy your holidays and can't wait to hear from you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for taking a break... from this anyway. Sheesh! I was tired (and a little hungry) after reading your list of things to do!

    This weekend I'll be making cookies, trying to get a little more shopping done (argh!) and mentally running through all the things we have to do before we leave next week on Friday.

    I'm kind of glad you won't be writing much during the holidays. I won't have Internet access for the better part of three weeks (ack!).

    Happy Holidays,

    Shan :+)

    ReplyDelete