Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tongue in Nose

I can officially announce that I am no longer feeling Crappier than Crappy.  Instead I simply feel like crap.  Woo Hoo, that means I am improving!  Today is my third day taking my oral steroid...just 13 days left.  Good news is that the dose decreases from here.  The bad news is that I stay up very late into the night (the time of this post, 3 am).  When Jason needs to come in to nudge me awake before he leaves for work he uses a few little "mommy threats" to get my butt out of bed.  His favorite is, "Kenny is up and is sitting all by himself in the living room."  What he fails to mention....(as I  get out of bed with only the energy behind my guilt to power me)....is that Kenny is content in watching cartoons and he is most likely hoping that I don't get up since I usually limit the cartoon viewing time. This is what has transpired for the last three days.

This morning the routine was just a little different.  Jason could not motivate me by guilt, threat, anger or fear. He exclaimed he was going to be late for work.  My groggy thought, " So!"  With no options left, he recruited Kenny to help.  As I lay comfy, cozy and warm I hear the sweet voice of my son. "Mommy, it is time to get up. You have to come and take care of me."  You can't tell me this child was not prompted by his father. So,  I pray quietly for strength as I extend my leg to roll my big butt out of bed.  My big toe comes into contact with Kenny's adorable nose.  Kenny says, "Owe mama, you kicked me in my nose!"  I sat all the way up and told him I was sorry.  He looked at me like I was a malicious feign.  I say, " You want me to kiss your nose to make it better?"  He looks at me sadly and says, "Ok but I don't want your tongue to stick in the holes like when Paris kisses me.  It is gross."  I kissed his nose (kept my tongue in my mouth) and ran for the bathroom because laughing that hard with a morning bladder is dangerous.

Paris: we adopted a 2yr old puppy a few weeks ago.  She is very affectionate and sweet. Loves to kiss...just ask Kenny's nose.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh....that is funny!!!!!!
    glad you are feeling better!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm so glad you're back! I thought you were lost in baby bliss land or something. Glad to know that I'm not all alone out here. Hope you're all better soon. As usual, these were great stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to be back. I really really thought my break would cause me to lose my sweet friends. Woo Hoo for good people. LOL

    ReplyDelete