Wednesday, September 2, 2009

An Angel in Sleep

You can't tell me that I am the only mother who frequently sneaks into the room of a sleeping child several times during the evening to smile at, cover or coo at her children.  I don't overly dote on my kids, but God knows (and you should too if you read this blog) that these two little angels of mine are my world.  AND, yes I do check to make sure they are breathing.  I will do this until college, I suppose.

I have been sick.  Icky, crappy, tired, hit-me-with-a-frying-pan-to-put-me-out-of-my-misery kind of sick!  Doc is concerned I have a touch of pnemonia. Yeah.  Feel the excitement?  Onward.  Today the doctor decided to prescribe me a heavy round of antibiotics and oral steroids to help get me back on board with the living.  The pharmacist told me to take all of the first days dose at once...I did that at 7 pm.  Now, it is 3 am.  I am so wired and "Green-Hulked" up I swear it is taking every ounce of energy I have to stay still!  I think I can see Antartica with my x-ray vision!!  :)

A few minutes ago, on the way to the potty (yep she's a mom that says potty) I stopped in the kids' rooms for a peek.  My son was curled up around his little teddy bear without his blankets.  I pulled up the blanket, kissed his sweet head and made a stop in my daughter's room.  She too had kicked away her blankets, however she was curled up even tighter.  Poor little chlly thing.  I quietly leaned over and tucked the blanket back around her...she wiggled her little butt, eyes stilled closed and whispered, "Dank Ooh Mama." 

My heart lept!  Instantly tears rolled from my eyes as a warm feeling slowly spread throughout. I was just honored with the sweet whisper of an Angel. 

3 comments:

  1. awwwwww how sweet!!!!!!
    glad you are back on.....i have missed you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MISSY!
    I was so worried that I had lost my sweet followers. I am happy you are here! NOw I am worried that my writing won't be as fun and readable as it was before. Now I am worried I wm going to lose everyone again. Crap. This is so stressful! I am going back to Facebook and playing Farm town. LMAO Luv Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey....you have read my blog!!!!!!
    it's just life.....once i follow you won't get rid of me that easy!!!!! haha!!!!
    just happy you are back and that everything is ok!!!!!

    ReplyDelete