Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I put the duck tape away.

I feel crappier than the crappiest crap you can imagine.  What ever the hell is wrong with me needs to stop.  I have no time to be sick.  My kids and large child-like husband count on me.  Ugh.  I feel like crap!

So, since I am feeling rather crappy, my mood has not been as even as I would like.  In other words...I have been a stark raving lunatic bitch.  As a mother, I feel guilty for my lack of patience.  The kids have been a little "loose" mostly because they know that Mommy can't catch them, let alone get up fast enough to remember what  she was chasing them for in the first place.  They say when you lose one of your five senses...the others tone up to compensate.  To compensate for my physical inabilities, my mouth takes over and I holler and yell, but I am really really good at it.  The children don't seem phased at all.  In fact, they giggle at me.  What a sight I must be laying on the couch dying slowly as my daughter runs up and jumps on my chest.  It must be fun to be a fly on the wall when my four yr old son (60 lbs of football-player-to-be) comes at me at a dead run to slam into me hugging me...then covering his tracks by saying, "you are the bester mommy on da panet, mama!"

The moral of my little rant.  A few hours ago I changed a diaper, swept up the raisins from the floor and wiped the peanut butter laden half of samich off the wall before pronouncing, "Nap Time."  The kids squealed and giggled and ran around the kitchen bar at a NASCAR pace.  All I wanted was for my little sweet angels to go to bed so that I could die alone.  I couldn't get them to stop running.  They just giggled when I grabbed em and told them to go to bed.  Then my patience officially ran out.  I opened the junk drawer and grabbed the small roll of duck tape screaming, "If you two don't stop I am going to tape you to your beds!  Get in your rooms for Nap Time."  It was a slow giggle-ridden walk down the hall after that. 

I tucked in Felicia.  She cooed and giggled and threw her doll at me.  Lovely.  I went to Kenny, tucked him in, kissed his head and told him to stay in bed because, "Mommy doesn't feel good today.  Be a big boy and get a little rest." He smiled at me and lay his head on the pillow.  I blew a kiss to him and started leaving.  He hollered at me and when I turned around he was holding his little throw pillow out to me.  Then he said, "Mommy when you get sick you havta lay down and rest.  YOu wanna rest with me in my big race car bed, I have a little extra pillow?"  My heart melted.  I told him I would be back in a minute to rest with him.  I ran to the potty and then to the kitchen....I put the duck tape back in the drawer.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha.....i love it!!!!!
    see you still got it girl!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete