Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Now What?

Here are few pictures of Felicia's first 5 months. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to catch on film the "mom moment" but I am sure that you can simply imagine for yourself how that went.

My angels bonded early. Sure there was a bit of concern on Kenny's part having to share Mommy, but it wasn't too bad. He took pride in his little sister, besides when we left for errands, "Sissy" was a great "babe magnet" and Kenny loves the babes!

We had a wonderful Spring. Kenny went Easter Egg hunting at the local park with Daddy, while Felicia and I visited the Easter Bunny and chatted with other new moms who were enjoying the beautiful day. It was a short and sweet since I wanted to keep the kids on schedule, but it was fun. That night we went out to dinner and the kids, well rested were perfect little Spring Lambs and just about all the attention at the restaurant was focused at one point or another on them.

Felicia is a quick little learner. She knows exactly how to put her "cuteness" to good use and for her advantage.

She loves the camera.

Around the end of May, after getting the critters to bed, Jason and I flop simultaneously on the couch and start to chat. We needed to make a decision.


First, we attempted to sort out our reasons to move. It wasn't easy even thinking about it. This little house is the home where my kids were conceived and so far raised. It is our home. It is small, and there isn't enough space for two kids and two adults, not to mention two cats and a dog, but it is still our home.

We want to live close to at least one set of grandparents. It really wasn't that important which side we chose, what was important was where we lived. The environment, the schools, the opportunities, etc.

I asked Jason about work. He groaned as usual and informed me that working for the state seemed futile. His good ideas were either ignored or stolen and he didn't see how he could move up in his field if he stayed. I knew he wasn't happy. He loves being a nerd and lately he didn't seem to love it so much.

Jason asked about me. I told him I love Nevada, but the weather being either extreme hot or extreme cold not to mention all the time extreme dry was havoc on my skin. The dermatologist I had been seeing told me that I may find life in a more humid environment more comfortable.

We continued talking about this and that for an hour or so. I think that both of us were tottering on the fence not knowing what to do. Now what? What is best for our kids? We have pros and cons. We have belief and hope. Now What?

Jason brought up a trip to Oregon. I grabbed the calendar to see what would be the best way to utilize his time off in accordance to any upcoming holidays. The Fourth of July looked the best.

The next morning I called my mom. She was excited. Mom and Dad had yet to meet Felicia. I explained to her that we wanted to come up for the Fourth of July but that would also mean we celebrate Kenny's birthday while visiting too. I only had one condition. I have not had a chance to see fireworks for Independance Day since we left Oregon. Three years!! Nevada is too dry and fireworks are illegal. Kenny has never ever seen them. I wanted Mom's gauruntee that we would be able to go to the beach and watch the fireworks show at the lighthouse that is put on by the sweet little coastal town of Bandon. She agreed. It was a date.

That night Jason and I made a plan. He put in for the time off at work and we wrote up a little itenerary for the trip, not to mention a budget. Now we just have to wait a month. Truthfully, I was beside myself with excitement. I missed the ocean so much. I am a beach bum at heart!! I had not seen that beauty for three years!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you! My son was born in San Diego (as was I), but then we moved shortly thereafter to Enid, Oklahoma (!!!). This may be TMI, my OB always made me bring in the first pee on the day of my appointments. I had a spare cup left over, so I carried some of Ocean Beach with me until I came back home.

    When my grandmother died and I was cleaning out her house in St. George, UT, I realized she'd done the same thing from when they'd left San Diego (um... it was in a baby food jar, though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my....what a decision!??!?!?!!?
    but the ocean and the beach does sound very welcoming to me!!!!!
    and cute pictures....i love little poofy dresses and ribbon and bows.....now my girls just look at me as if i am a freak if i would even suggest anything that even looked like it could be a bit girlie!?!??!?!!? what happened!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shan, Never worry about TMI, I have discovered that the more people know about you, regardless if you think it is strange or not, the more they love you. If they think you are giving TMI, then poo on them. It is a beautiful thing to keep hold of what is dear and special to you!!

    Missy, I love that Felicia likes the dresses and bows. I think she is a tomboy at heart, but every woman, regardless loves to feel pretty. Even at 2yrs old she gets giggly when I put her in a dress.

    ReplyDelete