Monday, April 13, 2009

We're Here!

Here we are!! In Oregon!

We moved my sweet little family of four into the small spare room at my parent's house. Jason had to drive almost an hour to work but it was a beautiful drive.

If you ever moved back in with your parents after living on your own you can relate to the difficulty this presents. It wasn't bad, just crowded. My kids were not used to being in a house full of people. In fact, we rarely got visitors in Nv. Kenny seemed to believe that we were going to go home after a week. It was fun, busy and honestly it made my heart swell to see my kids actually get some "interaction" time with my family as well as their cousins.

Three weeks later we received the reimbursement for the move and I started making the drive into Roseburg to find a rental. My sister, all the kids and I made the trek several times. I had gotten used to living a more rural life. Our house in NV was in a neighborhood, but stood on over half an acre. I couldn't live in an apartment. Not that I am against all that but I tried that for six months years before and all I can say is "Hell NO, Never again!"

We checked out houses and explored the little towns surrounding Roseburg. I didn't ever see that place that just jumped out and said "live here." A few days later I was poking around online and found an ad for a house. It sounded good. My sister called and got directions. We headed down hwy 42 the next day.

We got lost. We called again and finally found our way to the house. It is nestled on a three acre plot of prairie grass, set back from the road. The two homes on either side of the property are mobile homes and they are right on the road so we didn't see it on our first pass. Pulling into the driveway my sister and I argued. "There is no way this is it!" I said. "The address matches and the directions are right, I am not an idiot," she said. The house looked brand new! How the hell can this house on this lot be only 900/mo in rent??!!?? She told me, "It is meant to be!! You moved back to Oregon and found this great rental house, just let it be!"

I figured it must be trashed inside. I was wrong. We met with the tenant who was moving out and learned that the house was built only four years ago!! It has a "tract" home layout, not really a dream house, but it has three bedrooms, TWO bathrooms (omg TWO bathrooms!!!!!!!!!) a large living room and tons and tons and tons and tons of land to do with what we want!! My brain kicked in gear. I called Jason and gave him the address. I started to make a mental list, need to put up a little fenced area for the kids to play, but other than that the kids can PLAY OUTSIDE!! Inside, I would need some curtains, may have trouble getting the old couch through the door....crap, there is a perfect place for a Christmas tree!! I honestly couldn't find a darn thing wrong with the house.

Jason called me back a few minutes later. My sister, the kids and I were walking around checking things out. He told me that according to the mapqwest thingie online it would only take him about 12 minutes to get to work!! HOLY COW! He would just have to get on the little country hwy, make two turns and he was at work!! I looked at my sister. "This has to be mine." She giggled and handed me the paper with the contact number. I called the lady and found she is the niece of the owner, who lives in Utah. I told her I want it. I told her I could hand her the money today. She said it would be at least another week or two before it was ready. Fine with me! We set a date to meet when Jason could be there.

We met, filled out paperwork and I handed her a check for the deposits and such. It was ours.

We moved in a week later and set up our family. It took a while for the kids to get used to the idea. They had been moved around a lot over the last two months.

45 minutes to my parent's house. Less than 15 minutes to Jason's work. A forest behind the house and a farm across the street. This is perfect.

Now, unpack.

3 comments:

  1. how exciting and it sounds perfect!!!!!
    things do happen for a reason!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Oh, how very exciting to have found your new home! What a dream! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete