Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hollywood Dreams

My daughter, Felicia really enjoys wearing her sunglasses. I buy her a pair about every two weeks for she somehow finds a way to take them apart over time. I make sure that Felicia has a pair at her disposal knowing that the more she wears them in the bright sunshine, the more likely it to be for her eyesight to be protected.

She wears her sunglasses during the most interesting activities. You can often see Felicia wearing her sunglasses at the dinner table, while riding in the car (just like mommy), in the grocery store, in the rain, coloring, reading a book and last night she decided to wear them in the bath. At least I know they are now clean.

Around town Felicia is know as "Hollywood" when she is seen sporting her trendy sun deflecting specs. She always smiles although I don't think she knows we are giving her a "handle" but I believe she really likes the sound of the word "Hollywood." Maybe it is just the way we say it.

I check on the kids and give them a quick kiss just before I head to bed.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at what I found in Felicia's room:


Lucky for me the sunglasses dimmed the flash from the camera and my little angel didn't wake.


3 comments:

  1. how precious is that!!!!!!
    ADORABLE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Not just the sunglasses, but whatever is on her head, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes. I must explain the "thing on her head." That is her lamb. Her baby. It is a little pink (although washed so often not-so-pink) lamb head with a blanket body that she received the day she was born from our great friend Carol. Felicia's whole world depends on the safety of this lamb. She dropped it at Wal-mart once and I cried for hours walking through the store looking for it. At that point she didn't realize it was gone. Later that night I got a call from the manager (who I begged to help me look) who found it and we went and picked it up. It was a harrowing experience. Now, Felicia knows (if it is to travel with us) it is not to leave the safety of Mama's truck and she is good about tucking it safely into the carseat before I pull her out.

    ReplyDelete