Thursday, April 16, 2009

From Here

My favorite authors would publish a book and after reading it, I would salivate with desire to devour their next tale. The wait always seemed too long. Years for a few. It drove me crazy!

I have a new respect for those writers. It has taken me about 6 months to weed out and then write up these memories. They are just that...memories. I didn't have to dream up plots or characters (well, the kids are characters but that is pure personality.) Nor did I have to wait for an editor to make sure that I was accurate and proper in my depiction. It has been fun.

Now, do not think that I am done. I think from here I need to keep going. From here it will be a bit more "up to date" but the heart of this blog will still be how my children renew my hope, foster my passion and continue to inspire me on a daily (ok, maybe weekly) basis.

Kenny is almost four years old and the things that pop from his sweet brain just amaze me. He inspires me with a smile. He teaches me a lot about who I am, where I am, where I want to be and what the world around me truly means in my life. Felicia reminds me that I am a woman with concerns and ideas. She makes me feel pretty just by grabbing my cheeks and turning my head (forcibly sometimes) to plant a sloppy wet kiss on my nose. She is only 2! Crazy huh? Yep, just nutso Paula feeling philosophical and goofy.

I hope that maybe my nutso insight will help others appreciate some of those little things about their own children they may miss out on...or even remind you all of how your little ones made you smile last week, last month....5 years ago.

This all started out as a way for me to remember and never forget how blessed I am. It will continue in the same spirit. Yep, I am getting mushy. So...I hope you all keep reading. It is going to be fun. I love your comments. Keep em coming.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to be caught up... and to keep up with you. It's a good reminder to treasure the little moments that make the big life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh paula i love it!!!!!!
    i agree every little thing they do has a meaning to us!!!!!
    and trust me they grow up WAAAAYYY to fast!!!!!!
    our oldest will be a senior in high school next year......wow i get a little teary~eyed when ever i think about it!!!!!!
    where did that time go......it just flew by!!!!!!!
    so even when they are not being the little angels that we think they should be just remember to smile......because right before your eyes they grow up to start a new chapter in our blogs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you guys have kept with me. I never expected anyone to be interested in my blog. Actually I didn't know what the hell I was doing when I started it except I needed to do it for me. I look at the kids and miss the "baby bubbles" still at the same time I revel in their "discoveries." I am pathetic in a way...I have to balance not wanting them to grow up with the excitement of seeing them progress through life...hopefully changing the world. Ha, There I go again. Someone is going to have me committed!? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. paula......no way!!!!!!
    trust me we are all "normal" for having those thoughts!!!!!!(i like to call it "normal" anyway)
    i miss having little ones in my house so a little of your story makes me feel like i have little ones too......and the rest of the story makes me glad i do not have little ones!!!!!hahaha!!!!
    i always enjoy hearing what is going to happen next at your house!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my family our motto is, "You're crazy, but you're my kind of crazy and I like you." Welcome to the family, haha.

    ReplyDelete